Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 23:18:09 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD keyboard

> All of the places that I went to trying to find a keyboard only had those
> freakin' loose'95 stickers on it, so i bought the el'cheapo model and
> took my exacto knife to those little emblams and scratched the little
> buggers of and wrote in big black letter (permant pen mind you) at the
> top of the keyboard,
> "NOT MICROSOFT COMPATABLE!"

I AGREE Eric.

I Like Microsoft so much, that every time I shut an NT down to substitute
it with a FreeBSD box, I send the NT serial number back to microsoft.com....
I personaly have substitued 7 in the last 3 months.

It happens this way: The client first buys NT to make an internet
provider or an intranet solution. Whithout support from the M$ reseller,
that does not understand internet, dns, gated, proxys, irc, http, php,
postgres, "c", perl, shell, telnet, rlogin, rsh, ftpd, tcp administrative
tools, the client feels lost. So I go the the client, presents it with
FreeBSD as a intranet server, substitute the NT, links the FreeBSD box to
the internet with an inexpensive hardware to and ISP, and... now we have
an happy client.

Here In Brazil, they (microsoft) elect some of their resselers a
"Solution provider". We call them "Problem provider" mainly for the poor
tech assistant their offer for their clients.

One of my friends, that sells SCO and M$, (now works with FreeBSD) is
very impressed with the quality of the OS and the support he got from the
FreeBSD people. He got most the answer he needs in a 3 hour elapse time.

Even a friend of mine that's a Linux Fan is now working with FreeBSD
after 3 of their clients switch to FreeBSD as servers.

Lenzi.