Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:43:54 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        clark shishido <clark@ruminary.org>, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@ish.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: update strategies

At 01:57 PM 12/6/2002 -0800, clark shishido wrote:
>to answer one of your original questions there's a third option
>if you want stability and security. Rse one of the security
>branches RELENG_4_[5-7] for your cvsup tag. This way you'll
>avoid the major changes in -STABLE but still get the security
>and severe bugs fixes.

I might sound like a broken cd, but this really does work.  I've been
doing it ever since the security branch was created (RELENG_4_3?)
and have bypassed virtually 100% of -STABLE problems while keeping
secure and up to date.  New features come as needed with
RELENG_4_X to RELENG_4_X+1 jumps.

--
Christopher Schulte
http://www.schulte.org/