Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:49:22 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        julian@whistle.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gdb remote

The current way the SIO is handled for the console is utterly gross.
This was one of the things I was hoping someone else would get a chance
to fix. :-(

The boot flags work as follows:

	-d		= stop in debugger debugger (gdb or ddb) at boot
	-g		= debugger should talk GDB protocol

	ddb also has a new "gdb" command to toggle between ddb and gdb
	on the next exception

So, if I forget to do anything special, I can ctl-alt-esc (if vty), break
(if serial) to DDB on the system console, type gdb, continue, and break
again.

Paul

p.s. if someone want's to work on serial console code, please DO.