Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 11:06:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Blair Schmittel <blair@strech.cyber-naut.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Locked out of my system

Hi;

I can not obtain root privilegdes on my own machine.  At the prompt, I type 'su root'.  The system comes back saying that it is an unknown login.  I can finger root, and root is there.  I am thinking I was hacked over night.  My FTP and POP3 services are dead as well.  I also can't login from the terminal as root, it says login incorrect.  Everything worked fine last night.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Blair