Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:24:12 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        Elliot Finley <efinley.lists@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zpool vdev vs. glabel

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:27:21 -0700 Elliot Finley <efinley.lists@gmail.com>
wrote about Re: zpool vdev vs. glabel:

EF> I ran into this same problem.  you need to clean the beginning and end
EF> of your disk off before glabeling and adding it to your pool.  clean
EF> with dd if=/dev/zero...

Hm, I think I did that (at least for the beginning part).
Maybe I was not quite clear what I did below: I removed and re-attached
the *same* disk which was labelled with glabel and running fine brefore.
The label was there when I inserted it back, but zfs went for the da
device node anyway.
If I see this problem again, I will try to wipe the complete disk before
re-inserting it.

cu
  Gerrit