Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 23:59:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Preston Wiley <quotha@laf.cioe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Internal PnP Modem Problem

I have an internal PnP Modem installed in my PC. I compiled to kernel with
the "controller pnp0" option. It displayed the modem and I added it to the
PnP Table in "/sys/i386/isa/sio.c" I also had to boot with "kernel -c" and
type in "pnp 2 0 enable os irq0 3 drq0 0 port0 0x2f8"

I attempted to use ppp to access this modem. I used "set line /dev/cuaa1"
and tried to connect using a script, but it didn't work. I turned on
logging and the FreeBSD is not getting any of the return codes from the
modem. I can manual dial out using the term command within ppp,  but I
can't get any of the modem output. If I use the modem in other operating
systems, the modem does return codes and everything. Am I using the wrong
device or is there something else I don't know about?

Thanks.

					 Preston