Date:      Thu, 02 Jul 1998 22:41:50 +0100 (BST)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Pkg_create and setting directory ownership.

Hi

I'm trying to get pkg_create (on -2.2.6) to set the ownership of some
directories for a package I'm building. The problem is that
the @owner directive only affects the files listed in the plist. If you
list a directory the whole tree below that point is added to the
final package tar file.

I reckon that either the @owner (and @group) directive is not clever enough
or the tar building is wrong in pkg_create: at least one of these is exhibiting
wrong behaviour?

I could use a specific mtree file or do what I'm currently doing and adding
a @exec chmod <dir name> into the plist.

Duncan

---