Date:      Sat, 18 May 1996 03:11:24 -0400
From:      "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net
Cc:        imp@village.org, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, nate@sri.MT.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Note from Usenet

   Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 22:15:15 -0600
   From: Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>

   Comments made for pre2.0.4 (who thought of that naming scheme?) says the
   the TCP bugs still exist.  See my previous comments on this subject, but
   it sounds like they aren't planning on fixing the 'real bugs' until
   after 2.0 is released since they don't have the time to do it right, and
   they want to get 2.0 out the door.

   So, it's going to stay that way.

Incorrect, Linus wanted 2.0 out the door before he went to give a talk
at a conference.  We didn't get some things done we wanted to, and he
is gone for the conference, so as of now we are at pre2.0.5 and will
continue to work towards 2.0 when he returns.  This gives us the time
we need to fix the TCP bugs.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@caip.rutgers.edu