Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:35:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      samy lancher <washville2003@yahoo.com>
To:        Barbish3@adelphia.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Server automatically Shuts down.

The system just crashes. After nightly event, when i start the system I see a message "Warning: / was not mounted properly" . It does not happen at the same time every night. This box does not have anonymous FTP.

Thanks,
naveen.

JJB <Barbish3@adelphia.net> wrote:
You need to provide additional information,
your post is way to general.

You use the word, Shutdown, which implies an orderly close of all
files systems, This would be very apparent in the logs.

Is the system really crashing and not shutting down?
Does it happen at the same time every night?
Do you have any custom cron jobs which execute daily at night?
Is the file system corrupt when you reboot system after the
nightly event?
Login as root and do not logout, see what is on root
console screen in morning after the event.
Does this box have anonymous FTP?