Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 16:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Andrzej Szydlo <andrzej@gv.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange DNS/Routing

--0-2054316431-928193722=:2645

> > 	Here's my problem, I upgraded my 3.1 workstation to 3.2. Now no
> > DNS services seem to work from the workstation. In addition, the only ip
> > number I can even connect to is my dial-up server. From the server itself
> > everything runs fine. traceroute eventually finds other IP numbers but
> > there is at least a 30 second wait time between each hop.
> > 	I thought this at first may have been a duplex problem with the de
> > driver that other people have experienced, but ifconfig shows that my
> > server running the same card is running in full duplex also.
> > 	The only other thing I can think that may be causing problems is
> > the name of the workstation. I changed it from the generic name.my.domain
> > to name.domainname, but changing it back makes no differance.
>
> Hi,
>
> We need more details.
> Could you please sned the output of
> netstat -rn
> ifconfig -a
> and the file /etc/resolv.conf ?

	Attached, thanks in advance for your help.

						Rick
--0-2054316431-928193722=:2645

ZGUwOiBmbGFncz04ODQzPFVQLEJST0FEQ0FTVCxSVU5OSU5HLFNJTVBMRVgs
TVVMVElDQVNUPiBtdHUgMTUwMA0KCWluZXQgMTkyLjE2OC4xLjIgbmV0bWFz
ayAweGZmZmZmZjAwIGJyb2FkY2FzdCAxOTIuMTY4LjEuMjU1DQoJZXRoZXIg
MDA6YzA6ZjA6Mzc6OWI6M2IgDQoJbWVkaWE6IGF1dG9zZWxlY3QgKDEwYmFz
ZVQvVVRQKSBzdGF0dXM6IGFjdGl2ZQ0KCXN1cHBvcnRlZCBtZWRpYTogYXV0
b3NlbGVjdCAxMGJhc2U1L0FVSSAxMGJhc2UyL0JOQyAxMGJhc2VUL1VUUCA8
ZnVsbC1kdXBsZXg+IDEwYmFzZVQvVVRQDQpscDA6IGZsYWdzPTg4MTA8UE9J
TlRPUE9JTlQsU0lNUExFWCxNVUxUSUNBU1Q+IG10dSAxNTAwDQp0dW4wOiBm
bGFncz04MDEwPFBPSU5UT1BPSU5ULE1VTFRJQ0FTVD4gbXR1IDE1MDANCnNs
MDogZmxhZ3M9YzAxMDxQT0lOVE9QT0lOVCxMSU5LMixNVUxUSUNBU1Q+IG10
dSA1NTINCnBwcDA6IGZsYWdzPTgwMTA8UE9JTlRPUE9JTlQsTVVMVElDQVNU
PiBtdHUgMTUwMA0KbG8wOiBmbGFncz04MDQ5PFVQLExPT1BCQUNLLFJVTk5J
TkcsTVVMVElDQVNUPiBtdHUgMTYzODQNCglpbmV0IDEyNy4wLjAuMSBuZXRt
YXNrIDB4ZmYwMDAwMDAgDQo=
--0-2054316431-928193722=:2645
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--0-2054316431-928193722=:2645

ZG9tYWluCWhhbWVsbC5ocGMxLmNvbQ0KbmFtZXNlcnZlcgkxOTIuMTQ1Ljky
LjM0DQo=
--0-2054316431-928193722=:2645--