Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:23:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Haider Roland VAI/TAW2 <HaiderRo@linz.vai.co.at>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: msql distfile: where?

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Haider Roland VAI/TAW2 wrote:

> hi,
> i'm having troubles installing msql.
>
> as my bsd machine is not on the net i'm downloading
> the port skeleton i need and unpack it in /usr/ports.
>
> then i browse the Makefile and get the distfile and put it
> in /usr/ports/distfiles
>
> this worked ok for the ports where i could get the distfile
> also from my freebsd.org mirror.
>
> for msql the distfile should be at www2.nerosworld.com (for legal
> reason, right?)
> and called msql-2.0.1.tar.gz (my interpretation of the makefile)
> unfortunately at their site i could only find files called
> msql-2.0.Bx.tar.gz where x=1..3
>
> B4 didn't work and i assume 2.0.1 is a release and not a beta version.
>
> any information welcome!
>
> cheers, roland

  nerosworld.com does not have the any of the current msql stuff.  I'm not
sure what you mean by your "legal reasons" comment.  nerosworld.com is not
the home site for msql, but for some reason that is where the port
Makefile looks...

  The msql port is completely out of date.  The current version is msql
2.0.3

Tom