Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 01:03:26 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ld and kld dependancies...

well..  I was working on getting kld dependancies...  and right now
my only problem is that when I'm creating the kld module with ld, it
will store the dependancy as <module> but when making sure that it
exists on the machine, it will search for lib<module>.a...

so, as far as I can see, we have a couple options:
	a) hack ld to understand either raw names passed to -l, or our
	   own little idea of a kld module, like <module>.kld
	b) get the kld code to do the conversion from <module> to
	   lib<module>.a, and just keep ld the same...

I'm leaning towards option a...  perhaps a -Bkld which will turn on
-Bshareable and searching of <module>.kld?  of course then there is the
matter of the search path...

right now the search path of the kernel kld code is limited to the
same directory that the original file was located... I don't see
that as much of a problem...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD