Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:04:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        wes@softweyr.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

On 13 Nov, Wes Peters wrote:
> opentrax@email.com wrote:

>> > By copying -advocacy, you implied exactly that.  Please don't do it
>> > again.  You're more than welcome to behave in whatever manner you see
>> > fit, but have the courtesy to not raise the impression that
>> > FreeBSD-advocacy is behind you.
>>
>> As I see this posting, this person is informing us of some
>> rather important information, which we might want to take note of.
>> The topic, while NOT belonging to 'advocacy', is of importance
>> to those who advocacte *BSD. Personally I can recount many
>> such stories, but this is not about me.
>
> That's what BCC: was invented for.  Greg is exactly right in that publicly
> copying an address @freebsd.org implies some sort of complicity or agree-
> ment on the part of the FreeBSD project.  I certainly did not agree with
> the tone of Lanny's original message.

I think we agree that Lanny's message does not belong in 'advocacy'.
We must ask then, How important is his information?
Does it add to the longivity of *BSD?
Can we benifit from his information?
If we can benifit from his information, what should be done with it?

Can I say we agree that his message does not belong in 'advocacy'?

					Jessem.