Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:55:46 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia ML <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fw: RELENG_6 + usb audio ?

for the archives too

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:38:43 +0200
From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To: "Robin P. Blanchard" <robin.blanchard@georgiacenter.uga.edu>
Cc: "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>
Subject: Re: RELENG_6 + usb audio ?

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 19:09, Robin P. Blanchard wrote:
> Cool. Thanks for the quick response. Basically I only need a line-in (via
> USB)...Do you have any recommendations on a simple USB audio device to
> simply be dedicated to line-in recording ?

I have a creative labs external box with various inputs and outputs including
SPDIF. It works very well. Model number: SB0270

In general, don't buy the cheapest ones. Also I have bad experience with the
ones from Logitech. The hardware can suddenly crash if there is a buffer
overflow, and you get all kinds of strange sounds !

--HPS

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

FAST, CHEAP, SECURE: Pick Any TWO