Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 15:14:34 -0700
From:      Sean Peck <seanp@loudcloud.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to recover some files

I had a drive die on me,  I have booted from CDROM and been able to
mount the root partition /dev/wd0s1  but I have not been able to mount
/dev/wd0s1g which is the partition I need to get to, because this is
where some of the files are I need to get off this disk.. In fact I have
been unable to successfully mount any of the partitions other than
root.  The device probe shows them all there but the /dev directory that
is created with a cdrom boot only contains wd0s1 and no s1a,s1b,s1c
etc..
I have tried mounting the root and then using its /dev directory to aid
in mounting the other partitions:

IE / is mounted in /tmp/root

so I have tried:

mount /tmp/root/dev/wd0s1g /tmp/usr

but I get get bad mount command or some such, and it doesn't matter what
partition a,b,c,d,e,f,g etc... they all respond the same way.

Any help would be appreciated, as I need to get some source files off
this drive

Sean

--
Garbage Collection... the bell bottoms of programming..