Date:      Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:51:15 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bridge and PF

--nextPart1593939.JSmLmUunit

On Friday 12 August 2005 17:45, Rod wrote:
> Found my answer :
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-pf/2005-April/000984.html
>
> >FreeBSD has no support for pf in its bridge code.
> >Neither has it IPv6 support.

This is not true.  As Scott suggested try if_bridge in 6.0 which has both I=
Pv6=20
and full pf support.  Additionally, pf is supported by the old bridge just=
=20
use the same settings you would use for ipf.  The old bridge does not allow=
=20
for stateful filtering however.  The same is true for ipf and ipfw with the=
=20
old bridge code.

> On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 16:02, Rod wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know if their is a setting similar to that of ipf and ipfw
> > for setting bridged devices to use a firewall in sysctl e.g.
> >
> > for ipfw:
> >
> > net.link.ether.bridge.ipfw=3D1
> >
> > for ipf
> >
> > net.link.ether.bridge.ipfw=3D1