Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 17:42:14 -0500
From:      CRG <carlos.garcia@veridian.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, maillist@coastsight.com, sven.huster@mailsurf.com
Subject:   Question on making a custom release

FreeBSD warriors:

Steps I took to try to make a release.
Followed the FreeBSD FAQ about making a custom release:

supfile looks like this:

*default host=cvsup3.freebsd.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr/local/cvstree
*default release=cvs
*default delete compress use-rel-suffix

src-all

Next Ran this command:
cvsup -g supfile

Then I:
setenv CVSROOT /usr/local/cvstree
cd /usr/src
make buildworld
cd /usr/src/release
make release BUILDNAME=4.3-CUSTOM CHROOTDIR=/usr/local/latest43/release
CVSROOT=/usr/local/cvstree NOPORTS=1 NODOC=1

Builds for a couple of hours then I get this error:

>>> Rebuilding man page indices
cd /usr/src/share/man; make makedb
makewhatis /usr/share/man
makewhatis /usr/share/perl/man
rm -rf /tmp/install.95817

>>> elf make world completed on Tue Jul  3 04:37:59 GMT 2001
                        (started Tue Jul  3 02:41:43 GMT 2001)
+ touch /tmp/.world_done
+ cd /usr/src/release/sysinstall
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/release/sysinstall
jett#
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/release.

I want to know which /usr/src/release/sysinstall?
The one created in /usr/local/cvstree?, /usr/local/latest43/release?, or
my
/usr/src/release/sysinstall on my host machine.

Note: My current kernel has the psuedo-device vn configure in and
installed.
I am root, but I did run cvsup as a user in the root's wheel group.
So no /usr/local/latest43/release/R/ftp directory created.

-Does anyone have any hints on what went wrong?

-CRG