Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 10:20:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Building a "custom" release of 2.1.0

As David Greenman wrote:

>    Recent testing I did with devfs showed that it was eating up vnodes like
> crazy. All I had to do was stat a devfs file and it would eat another vnode.
> The system seems to eventually recycle them, but something isn't quite right
> about this. I haven't looked any further into this yet.

Speaking of devfs, did somebody actually try mounting it over /dev,
and see what happens?  I noticed that some SCSI control devices are
still missing (and didn't get the time to hook the appropriate call
into the drivers yet), i'm curious whether more serious things are
still omitted?

--
cheers, J"org