Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 02:08:24 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Paul English <penglish@hydro.washington.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfig 3.2.3d

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 04:55:28PM -0700, Paul English wrote:

> Hi,
> 	The Xaw3d dependancy is incorrectly specified on this port. I just
> did a cvsup on the ports tree, and when I go to install it gives me an
> error on the Xaw3d dependancy, even though I have the latest version

It is generally a very good idea to quote *exactly* what error you get.

> installed. It seems to be looking for version 7, but the latest is 1.5.

It works fine for me.  Note that it is looking for version 7 of the
Xaw3d shared library which is installed by the Xaw3d port, version 1.5

Which version of XFree86 do you have installed and which version was
installed when you first installed Xaw3d?

(The version for the library Xaw3d library is .6 when using XFree86 3.x
and .7 when using XFree86 4.x.  This is due to tracking the version of
the Xaw library.)

If you originally installed Xaw3d using XFree86 3.x and have since
upgraded XFree86 to 4.x without also upgrading Xaw3d you will have
library installed as version 6 while any ports you try to install now
will look for version 7.

Check the output of 'ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw*'
What files get listed ?

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson