Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:30:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Ashley Thomas <athomas@unity.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling source code

Assuming it is in /usr/src (where it gets put by default)

cd /usr/src
make

or

cd /usr/src/
make buildworld
make installworld

or

cd /usr/src/usr.bin/yourfavouriteutility
make depend
make
maek install

If you do not hav ethe source, see the many places in th online handbook
that tell you how to keep your sources up-to date with the branch you
select. (look for references to cvsup)