Date:      Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:23:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        alan@fromorbit.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RFI: Ethernet driver ported from Linux

In message: <1176096815.4064.6.camel@hiro.auspc.com.au>
            Alan Garfield <alan@fromorbit.com> writes:
: I'd like to port/re-write this driver for FreeBSD but I cannot find
: enough documentation and examples of a basic Ethernet driver for
: FreeBSD. (if_wlan and if_ef look like good candidates but if_clone and
: the miibus confuse me a bit and there isn't any clear docs on them)
:
: Can someone point me in the direction of an example or the relevant man
: pages I should be reading to help with this.
:
: The device driver for Linux seems quite simple.
:
: Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

In addition to the other advise, you might also look at if_ed.c.  It
is a little complicated since it talks to real hardware, and that
hardware is, ummm, a little icky.

Warner