Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:11:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Thiemo Nordenholz <nz@thiemo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 RELEASE - why inof@clausthal?

Moin,

In list.freebsd-questions you write:

>> ftp7.de.freebsd.org (ftp.tu-clausthal.de) is a particular case.
>> Oliver Fromme builds the release himself there.

>This absolutely should be mentioned anywhere and I think
>ftp7.de.freebsd.org should then be removed in /stand/sysinstall and on
>the boot floppies or do you think that mixing this release with the
>original one will cause no problems?

Yes, I do think so.

Oliver's release is the same as all other releases, the "make release" just
has not been executed on cdrom.com, but on hermes.rz.tu-clausthal.de, if
Oliver still uses this machine.
When the source code is the same, so should the executables be.
When they don't differ, they should cause no more and no less problems than
the distribution on ftp.freebsd.org.

Cheers,
  Thiemo

PS. Oliver is on vacation and without network connection right now, so I try
to answer this one as well on his behalf as possible without having built
the release myself -- ftp.tu-clausthal.de is his work, not mine.

--
Thiemo Nordenholz <nz@thiemo.net>             Chemistry *BSD WinNT CP Coffee!
2*P-II/400 fBSD 4.0-R   P/133 fBSD 3.2  AXPpci33 oBSD/alpha 2.4   MP2k NOS2.1