Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:21:12 -0500
From:      Neal Delmonico <ndelmonico@sbcglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   New Linux Base?

Greetings all,

Is anyone else having trouble with Linux programs after the switch to
the new Linux base?  Now Acroread7 won't run for me, nor will
Linux-Mozilla or Linux-Opera.  Fortunately, I have succeeded in
compiling and installing OpenOffice so I don't need to depend on the
Linux version of that any more.  When I run these Linux programs I get a
segmentation fault (11).  I am running amd64 current as of about two
weeks ago.  I have reinstalled all of the programs and reinstalled the
linux_base-fc4 with the -rf switches (portupgrade), but that does not
seem to help.  I have noticed that the directories pointed to in the
/usr/compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf file do not seem to be linux
directories.  Changing them to their Linux conterparts and running
/usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig does not correct the situation,
however.  Linux Opera and Mozilla I can do without, but I need the
Acroread7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Neal D.