Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 2013 13:38:55 +0200
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Solved] Youtube & Flash Videos broken?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2013 at 05:53:17PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
# On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
#
# > I have trouble playing Youtube videos in flash format in Firefox. This
# > has worked in the past, but for a few weeks now, the flash videos
# > display as a b/w noise background picture with a message centered "To
# > render this video you need the Adobe Flash Player. Install latest Flash
# > Player". Has Youtube conspired against me, you, FreeBSD, the world? :-)
#
# We've had a thread about it in the forums, with a couple of workarounds:
# http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=38627

Thanks for this helpful link. It contained the solution to my problem:

  1) In about:config, set dom.ipc.plugins.enabled to false
  2) Exit and restart Firefox (really, just doing 1) did not work).

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/