Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:06:55 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>
To:        Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, hackers@freebsd.org, Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Subject:   Re: IrDA and FreeBSD

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 08:42:21PM +0100, Ronald.vanderPol@surfnet.nl wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
> > I have also finished porting the findchip utility. You can find it
> > attached. It works fine(*) on my -stable machine, but I would like
> > someone to try it out on a -current box, just to be sure.
>
> It runs on current:
>
> Found SMC FDC37N958FR Controller at 0x3f0, DevID=0x01, Rev. 1
>     SIR Base 0x3e8, FIR Base 0x290
>     IRQ = 4, DMA = 3
>     Enabled: yes, Suspended: no
>     UART compatible: yes
>     Half duplex delay = 3 us
>
> This is a Dell Latitude CPi D266XT.
>
> If there is any more code to be tested please let me know.
>
> 	rvdp

Well, as far as the linux irda-utils port is concerned, I think we
have a dead end: the rest of the utilities assume kernel support
for IrDA (ioctls, special address families for sockets, etc.).
When we have the first layers of the netgraph implementation I
will rewrite the necessary utilities.

-past