Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:01:57 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "TDlord" <tdlord@elite.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:

> Well
> I took a look and it gives no specifics
> It just says you can install over ftp
> Nothing on the commands to dial out to your isp and such during
> installation

Modem commands may vary slightly, but they're pretty much standard.
The command set for a single modem doesn't change from OS to OS.
(or did microsoft find a way to do this too?)

The handbook can't provide you with information on how to connect to
your ISP, because the authors don't know your login name, password,
the routine your ISP uses to log users in and start PPP.  The authors
also don't know the DNS or gateway you should be useing.

I would be happy to show you how to log into my terminal server, but
I doubt it would do you much good.  If you need help connecting to
your ISP, contact their helpdesk.

--Troy

(Oh, as for how to do things on your end, don't worry.  Instructions
are on the screen as you need them.  Be sure to read them.  Good luck
installing FreeBSD)
--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services

( Stuff I said does not reflect the company I work  )
( for unless I'm speaking on behalf of said company )