Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:12:58 -0600
From:      John Nielsen <john@jnielsen.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mbr selection list

On Thursday 08 August 2002 12:04, Randy Bush wrote:
> i currently see an mbr selection list like
>   F1 - DOS
>   F2 - Unknown
>   F3 - FreeBSD
>   F4 - FreeBSD
>
> i want F2 and F4 removed because
>   o the unknown partition is the suspend to disk partition
>   o F4 is a non-bootable part of the F3 system
>
> so, how do i
>   o remove two
>   o and maybe rename the remaining for cosmetic reasons

Have a look at the boot0cfg manpage.  Specifically, you're interested in =
the=20
-m flag.  -m 0xa should be what you want (unless I've got it backwards an=
d=20
you really want -m 0x5.. anyone else care to clarify?)

AFAIK, you can't change the names without editing boot0 by hand.. and sin=
ce=20
it's a tightly-packaged piece of assembly, I'm not sure how wise that wou=
ld=20
be.

JN