Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2003 06:37:35 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mark Fujie <mark@metapimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading to 4.7-release w/o sendmail, bind

On 2003-01-02 00:00, Mark Fujie <mark@metapimp.com> wrote:
> I'm about to attempt an upgrade of one of my servers (bind 9, postfix)
> from 4.6.2 -> 4.7.  Looking at the options in /etc/defaults/make.conf,
> I'm pretty sure I want to include the following in /etc/make.conf:
>
> NO_BIND= true
> NO_SENDMAIL= true
>
> Do also need to include "NO_MAILWRAPPER= true"?

No.

> Reading the man page for mailwrapper reveals that /usr/sbin/sendmail is
> usually a symbolic link to it, but on my system /usr/sbin/sendmail is
> linked to /usr/local/sbin/sendmail, which I believe is the
> postfix-installed version.

Instead of symlinking /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /usr/local/sbin/sendmail,
you could use mailwrapper the way it was designed to work, and leave
the sendmail symlink in /usr/sbin to mailwrapper.  Then, configure
mailwrapper by editing /etc/mail/mailer.conf and pointing mailwrapper
to the proper paths.

> I'm thinking I want to avoid making mailwrapper?  What happens if I DO
> make it when I don't really need it?

The links in /usr/sbin will be overriden and you'll probably end up
using Sendmail from its default system location instead of what you
have now.

- Giorgos