Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 06:08:44 +0000
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Phantom xsetroot occuring on my system

I run 2.2.2r and use xdm to run X3.31.

I have read the man. I have added the command 'xsetroot -solid
SteelBlue' to my Xsetup_O script. Everything seems to work IAW the docs.

The xsetroot statement does infact change the color of my root window.
But before it does, there is the tiniest little flash of some ugly "X"
grid pattern. I am convinced that this bitmap background has to be set
by an xsetroot statement somewhere.

My question is where the heck is this phantom xsetroot command.

Thanks,
Jason Wells