Date:      Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@nwserv.com>
To:        Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /tmp requirements

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 Mark.Hummel@hurlburt.af.mil wrote:

> What are the minimum files that must be in the / and temp directories?  I'll
> remove everything else.  My drive is full and I'm trying to free space.
>

> --M

No files are required in the /tmp directory. It'd be pretty hard for
anyone to give you a list of required files for /, though. I'd suggest
booting in single user mode, rm -rf'ing /tmp, and then re-creating it as a
symlink to /usr/tmp - likely where most of your free disk space resides.

--
David Kirchner, dpk@nwserv.com