Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:51:29 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        <wtp@mud.pl>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD as router

I did not see any response to your post which addressed your questions.
So I will give it a try.
You should look at man rc.conf or
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=rc.conf

for details on

router_enable="NO"        # Set to YES to enable a routing daemon.
gateway_enable="YES"      # Activate this host to be a gateway.

For an how-to on IPFW see

http://www.freebsd-howto.com/HOWTO/Ipfw-Advanced-Supplement-HOWTO

Now about the question of having 2 connections to 2 different ISP providers
and sharing the resource between all LAN users with the ability for one
connection to assume the full load if the other goes down is doable. How you
do it depends on your ISP connection type, phone dialup, DSL, TV Cable
connection, or T1 connection.  Re-ask this question giving details about
your 2 ISP connections.