Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:54:06 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <anholt@teleport.com>
To:        Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>, Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRI, XFree86-4.0.3 and -current.

Oops, I'll have to clarify that.  No, you don't need to keep an XFree86-4
tree around at all.  Just get the X-DRI tree from sourceforge, and install it
over your XFree86-4 install.

I have both XFree and X-DRI CVS trees (downloading the 90MB or whatever per
X release just isn't going to happen through my 28.8):
/usr/local/src/xfree is X CVS (cvs.xfree86.org, updated/installed rarely, as
most changes end up in X-DRI soon enough anyway)
/usr/lcoal/src/xdri is X-DRI CVS (cvs.sourceforge.net bsd-2-0-0-branch,
compiled/installed frequently).

I'm working on making it so we can have an official port of the DRI -- you'll
install the XFree86-4.x port (which would install X, the dri modules, libGL,
libGLU, etc.), then go to graphics/drm-kmod and install that, and you'll be
done installing.  It's not quite finished yet, and I am waiting to get to a
faster line (2 weeks) before downloading the X release to test against.

--
Eric Anholt
anholt@teleport.com