Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 23:17:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        hristo@bg.freebsd.org (Hristo Grigorov)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strange 'uptime'

> Hmm, sorry but any1 got an idea why 'uptime' do that:
>
> nic:~> uptime
> uptime: /dev//.0: No such file or directory
>  2:38PM  up 3 days, 21:10, 4 users, load averages: 0.14, 0.08, 0.08

   Are you using tcsh by chance? Try it using /bin/sh and see if you get
the same thing.

   I want to say I've had a similar quirk like that but for the life of
me cannot say what I was trying run.

    If all else fails AND you are the "curious" type ... start browsing
the source code for uptime.c. That's what's all the lovely source code
is about!

    Roger