Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:43:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@inet.ssc.nsu.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How come accounting limits of login.conf still doesn't work?!

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:

> How come that all kewl features, such as sessionlimits, idletimes, etc all
> are documented in man login.conf(5), but never seemed to work?  It's 4.2
> already, and it still doesn't make any difference?

One thought springs to mind, did you run

  cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

after editing the /etc/login.conf file?

Also, I have noticed that the out-of-the-box version of the
/etc/login.conf file has some ridiculous values for the default class,
most of the values are set to unlimited!

I had to use the /etc/login.conf file from an old 2.2.8 system as a
template when setting up some more sane values for the /etc/login.conf
file for a 3.5-STABLE system.

HTH.