Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 15:54:17 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        yono@uopmu.ees.osakafu-u.ac.jp (Yono Hadi Pramono)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LS

> > From: Yono Hadi Pramono <yono@uopmu.ees.osakafu-u.ac.jp>
> >

> > I am very happy that FreeBSD 2.2.1 came with jp-vfghostscript and jp-vflib,
> > so larger sample of our data that could not  be plot by jp-ghost* or Linux
> > before, now is OK by this gs command, thank's for FreeBSD.
> >
> > By the way, Why FreeBSD doesn't use command ls -o  like Linux has to show
> > what kind of listing files by using indicator color.

You can of course install colorls at any time. Get for example:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-current/All/colorls-2.2.tgz

and do (under root) a pkg_add colorls-2.2.tgz

and you will be there. Just have to set an alias in you shell profile
for the ls command to point to the correct binary with the correct
command line parameters.