Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:37:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Reinhold" <freebsd@violetlan.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   limiting bandwidth at certain times during the day

Hi

I was asked to limit the amount of bandwidth being used by our openvpn
connections during our office hours and then allow full access after
hours.

In my current set up I'm using pf that does load balancing over 2 adsl
lines on a FreeBSD 7-STABLE system, I'm using mpd5 for dialing in and
establish the connections with our ISP.

I'm in the process of implementing HFSC to see if I can improve our
bandwidth usage, I tried PRIQ but ended up loosing packets and the over
all performance decreased to a point where I had to disable it.

How can I go about setting up a limit for a certain time period on the
amount of bandwidth being used by openvpn?

Thanks
Reinhold