Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:49:25 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Tony m <monfiletto@clinic.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems connecting a dlink di-701 to a freebsd 3.5s pppoed server

Tony m wrote:

> I asked this same question on -questions I'm hoping this list will be more
> fruitful as I didn't get a single reply :( thanks
>
> I have a dlink di-701 that I would like to use with PPPoE to connect to a
> freebsd 3.5s PPPoED server
>
> when I connect via raspppoe I have no problems, however if I try to connect
> with the dlink I get this error:
> Feb  7 17:50:27 red pppoed[5329]: 59: Unexpected netgraph version, expected
> 2
>
> any ideas? I have upgraded the dlink to its newest firmware version (323)
> and I have also tried version 320 with no success

one of the following needs to be compiled again:
pppoed
ppp
/usr/lib/libnetgraph.so
the kernel
the netgraph modules. (especially ng_pppoe.c)

possibly all of them.

the error message is from netgraph.

the netgraph version number of something is different to that expected by
something else.

the userland get it from /usr/include/netgraph/netgraph.h and ng_message.h
the kernel parts get it from the same files but in /sys/netgraph.

something is out of date..

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org