Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:01:01 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>, Gilles Kirouac <gkirouac@riq.qc.ca>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook unreadable in pdf format

If memory serves me right, Nik Clayton wrote:

> I've got as far as determining that ps2pdf is blowing up when it
> converts the Handbook to PDF -- and it's still too big to use pdftex
> directly.  I haven't had a chance to do more than a cursory inspection
> at the moment, I'll try to look at this in more detail over the weekend.

Thanks, Nik!

I'm actually able to build something close to the bits that go on the
Web site, using a script I was dinking with to build doc/ ISO images (see
doc/release/Makefile).  Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary
for the PDF Handbook...but I'll certainly yell out if the build that I
just started turns up anything strange.

Bruce.

PS.  In theory, the ISO and its contents could be candidates for the doc
area on the FTP mirrors, don't know if there's any interest in doing it
this way.