Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:30:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG

In message <20011011214328.A50120@xor.obsecurity.org> Kris Kennaway writes:
: > And then I see the mail on freebsd-announce about daemon news
: > wanting to pick up and offer CD distributions.
: >=20
: > Huh, says I.
:
: Yes, they're a separate business.  You probably want to switch to them
: since WindRiver aren't planning to produce/sell anything after 4.4.

Yes.  It appears The Daemon News is going to produce CDROM using the
official iso images that the project will release.  The posting was at
great pains to say they are not associated with WindRiver.  I expect
that others may do this, or something similar.  FreeBSD Services in
the UK has already announced they are doing a DVD of all 4 ISOs plus a
bunch of extra stuff.  Others may do other things too, but I don't
think I've seen an announcement from anyone else yet.

Warner