Date:      Fri, 19 Dec 1997 03:48:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu (steve clawson)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, mike@smith.net.au, sclawson@bottles.cs.utah.edu, ivt@gamma.ru, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: blkfree: freeling free block/frag

[ ... random panic's ... ]

Archie Cobb has fixed the cause of the panic I've been thinking of.

The panic would only occur in the case of a ip firewall TCP reject
rule being present.

If you do not have any ip firewall code active, then ignore what I've
said so far about the stack correuption bug.

If you have ip firewall code active, then you should probably apply
Archie's fix as soon as he makes it available.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.