Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:01:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      snorp smurf <snorp@email.nu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB Mp3 Player

Hi,
I have a NEX II "Digital Audio Player" from Frontier Labs.
When I attach it I see the following in my syslog (the time and stuff is stripped off to make the lines a bit shorter):

umass0: Frontier Labs     NEX II Digital Audio Player   , rev 1.00/0.01, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
 -- And 10 seconds later --
umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
(repeated 5 times)
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): got CAM status 0x4
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): lost device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): removing device entry

Someone told me that this device needed the DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE quirk in scsi_da.c, and I have tried to fix it. Apparently I'm not much of a hacker, so here's the question: has anyone with success been able to attach and mount this mp3 player? If not, is there any chances of seeing a patch/fix/whatever for this soon?

Thanks
/Per H