Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Hamilton <matt@clintondale.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing bootblocks...

Dear All,
   Forgive my ignorance, as I haven't even tried -current on my Alpha yet
(UDB -still not supported right?), but where do bootblocks fit into the
Alpha boot process?  I thought you just typed: boot blah/kernel into SRM
and it would boot the kernel?  I guess I must be wrong, so where do the
bootblocks fit in?  Does the boot command in SRM call the secondary boot
code in the bootblocks and then that calls the kernel?

confused in NY