Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:35:50 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Michael MacKinnon <mackinnon.m@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CD Writers over a network?

Michael MacKinnon wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've got a network with a Win98 machine and a FreeBSD machine. I want
> to be able to use my CD-RW drive from both machines.
>
> Is there a way to have the CD Writer in my Win98 machine and write to it
> from FreeBSD?
>
> Or is there a way to have the CD Writer in my FreeBSD machine and write to it
> from Win98?
>
> Any help would be appreciated...

1) Use mkisofs to create an ISO filesystem image on FreeBSD, copy it
over to your Winblows box, write it there.

2) User your favorite burner application to create an ISO filesystem
image on your winblows box (ummm, Adaptec Toast does this, but it runs
on Macs only), move the ISO over to your BSD box, burn it there.

Both ways work.

YMMV
-Christoph Sold

--
i-clue GmbH, Endersbacher Str. 57, D-71334 Waiblingen
Fon: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-12,  Fax: (0 71 51) 9 59 01-55