Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:56:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CLOCAL in user-mode PPP????

(I'm trusting that the list isn't dead.  I'm afraid it is.)

I'm looking at the user-mode PPP source.  I have a problem where dialup
PPP sessions aren't being hung up when the user quits, under FreeBSD
2.2.5-STABLE (the very latest bits).  It turns out that user-mode PPP is
setting CLOCAL on the device.

This seems stupid.

Why does it set CLOCAL?  Why doesn't it want to let you hang up on it?  I'm
in the process of hacking my local copy to _not_ set CLOCAL, which is what
I apparently did for FreeBSD 2.1 as well, but it would be nice to see this
change get into the mainline source, so I don't have to keep fixing it for
my application.

Thanks for any replies.  Extra thanks for the useful ones!
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com