Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 15:07:13 +0200
From:      Marc Fonvieille <fonvi@easynet.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup through ssh tunnel

Hello,

I try to upgrade source tree on my laptop through a ssh tunnel:
the laptop is on my lan and only one box (the gateway) can access to the
Internet.

From the laptop, i launch the following command:

laptop:/home/marc% ssh -2 -N -f -L 5999:cvsup.uk.freebsd.org:5999 gateway

Then i su to root and i launch:

laptop:/home/marc#  cvsup -g -L 2 doc-supfile
Parsing supfile "doc-supfile"
Connecting to localhost
Connected to localhost
Server software version: REL_16_1
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
[...]
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

Ok the doc is updated, i do the same with the ports and it succeeded.
But when i cvsup the source tree, it gives me:

laptop:/home/marc# cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile
Parsing supfile "stable-supfile"
Connecting to localhost
Connected to localhost
Server software version: REL_16_1
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection src-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

without any changes in /usr/src (the sources are old 4.3-BETA).

A cat on /usr/sup/src-all/checkouts.cvs:RELENG_4
gives me:

F 5 990881176

Here's the stable-supfile used:

*default host=localhost
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
# line.
*default compress

src-all

you can notice that doc and ports cvsup succeeded so i tried tag=. for
sources but without results.

Any help is welcome.

Marc