Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 07:50:37 +1030 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        "Shaffer, Gary R" <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pre-alpha JDK 1.2.2 patches -- issues

Hi Gary,

> I would like to help by testing the jdk. All of my FreeBSD boxes at home are
> 4.0-STABLE so my question to you is when are you going to make a newer set
> of patches available?

Since I'm doing this in my free time, I wouldn't really like to tie myself
down to a release schedule.  Having said that, I am very hopeful of getting
out a new set this weekend which will incorporate the more recent fixes and
some excellent work by Kees Jan Koster to get things working under the
standard FreeBSD 3.x version of gcc (2.7.2.3 I believe).

> I have all of the source downloaded and ready to go.

Well, I will note that the new patch set won't do anything with regards to
fixing 4.0 problems unless someone sends me some diffs for it between now
and when I roll the new patches.

> Once again thanks for the effort.

No worries :).  I'm just scratching my own itch ;).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083