Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 13:18:20 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        ishort@pcm.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth limited FTP server

>Hi Again
>
>Well, I did look at wu-ftpd. That is fine for limiting users in a
>class.
>
>Still no practical ideas about bandwidth limiting?

One interesting way would be to get a frame-relay line with 2 DLCIs and
assign one of them to the FTP server. Use our bandwidth limiting
software to limit traffic on the FTP server DLCI. this would effectively
do what you want for virtually no additonal cost.

Or you could run a separate server using a NM cable locally.

Dennis

Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX