Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:07:33 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Floating point exceptions

I hope this is the appropriate list.

I've got a calculation intensive (simulation) application that I run that
aborts with a Floating Point Exception error under FreeBSD -current. I can run
this application just fine under Linux, but of course I want to run it under
FreeBSD (so I can replace Linux). My understanding is that FreeBSD traps
FPE's. Is there a way for me to change the FreeBSD source code to mask FPE's
rather than trap them? Better yet, can I do that for a specific application at
compile time? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
--
Glenn Johnson
USDA-ARS-SRRC                      Phone: (504) 286-4252