Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:01:59 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@megadeth.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   weird DHCPD problem

If I configure an alias on the main ethernet adapter which is fxp0, and try=
=20
to restart dhcpd, I get the following error :

%dhcpd
Internet Software Consortium DHCP Server 2.0pl2
Copyright 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 The Internet Software Consortium.
All rights reserved.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/dhcp-contrib.html

(: Device not configureds for =EAz
exiting.

If I then delete the alias off of fxp0, it will then load and work like=20
expected. This is a FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE system. It is also running a ETINC=
=20
T3/HSSI card, but I don't believe that has anything to do with this. Then=20
again, maybe it does.