Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2013 00:17:21 +1100
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        mexas@bris.ac.uk, code@apotheon.net

On 20/12/2013 10:32 PM, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> In other words, as a new user
> I thought of sending a PR as
> a last resort, because I doubted
> myself a lot more than the
> stability of FreeBSD and the
> expertise of the team.
> The actual tools to submit a PR
> were never an obstacle.

This.

If you don't *get* what Anton just said, read it again until you do.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am that user too. A
@FreeBSD.org email, commit bit and still a "new" user that doubts myself
sometimes and looks to the team for the right thing to do.

If not for the encouragement of those in the project who grok what
motivates and demotivates people, I wouldn't be doing what I do today.

This thread is a real shame, mired in technical minutia as if that's
what really matters.

I am here to enable and be a steward for users like Anton, and your
contributions are valued. So thank you for sharing.

--
koobs.